What Is Soft Tissue Therapy
Soft Tissue Therapy utilizes the following techniques to help provide you with pain relief.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM): This technique uses specially designed instruments to help break up scar tissue within the muscle and reduce chronic inflammation
- Trigger Point Therapy: In this technique, the chiropractor will use pressure along the muscle fibres and with a range of motion to relax trigger points
- Cross Fiber Friction: This is a manual therapy that helps with maintaining mobility and range of motion for different muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- NIMMO compression: This is another form of manual therapy that alleviates pain through repeated cycles of pressure and release
- Post-Isometric Relaxation (PIR): This stretching technique helps with relaxing contracted or overactive muscles